Re: [opensuse-summit] Re: [opensuse-conference] openSUSE Conference (maybe summit as well) blog badges
  • From: Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 11:48:31 -0500

On Mon, 2012-07-16 at 11:23 -0500, Shayon Mukherjee wrote:
oh I see. Well I am not sure, if i can update/create any graphics. I
will update if I can one soon :)

In my opinion, the artwork itself can be used the same for both badges
and countdown banners. The only difference is that the countdown banner
has a number superimposed on it that changes daily.

Shayon, perhaps you can look at the code that Pascal (yaloki) developed
for our past countdowns and see if it can be enhanced to support three
banners in sliding door effect? This would be a much more permanent and
long-lasting contribution as we'll undoubtedly have many more events to
countdown as we continue to grow as a community.

E.g., we're not counting down and drawing attention to the Greek
openSUSE Camp or COSCUP-openSUSE. That can be remedied with more
effective countdown software.

Bryen