Re: [opensuse-conference] openSUSE Conference (maybe summit as well) blog badges
  • From: Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 07:43:54 -0500
On Mon, 2012-07-16 at 10:10 +0200, Michal Hrusecky wrote:
Hi,

as openSUSE Conference is getting closer (and openSUSE Summit even
more), it would be nice to have something like "I'm going to FOSDEM"[1]
or "I'm going to FUDCON"[2] badge so people can put it on their blogs
and promote our conference (or all of them) Anybody wants to create
something like that? Both openSUSE specific and generic bootstrapping
awesome one will be welcome ;-)

[1] http://www.joaquimrocha.com/2012/01/31/hopefully-going-to-fosdem-2012/
[2] http://gentt.wordpress.com/2011/08/06/im-going-to-fudcon-milan-2011/

We slso should be having countdown banners. The problem is we have
three major things going on in the same general time period:

1. openSUSE 12.2 Release expected for September 4
2. openSUSE Summit September 21-23
3. openSUSE Conference October 20-23

All three really should have their banners posted now to begin the
promotional blitz. But we don't typically run three banners. Would be
nice if there was a way the banners could rotate in sliding fashion.
But I don't think our current countdown software supports sliding
banners.

Thoughts anyone?

Bryen