[opensuse-conference] Re: [cfp] mailing lists for conf visitors
  • From: Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 17:08:20 -0500
On Tue, 2012-03-27 at 23:51 +0200, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
So I'd like to ask for the creation of:
opensuse-conference-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
opensuse-summit-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
opensuse-conference-participant@xxxxxxxxxxxx
opensuse-summit-participant@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree with the points, but find this proposed list confusing.

* I'd like to suggest changing x-announce@. to x-news@. It just sounds
friendlier that way. This is obviously an opt-in list, and not
restricted to only those who register. Your proposal for this is a
good one.

* x-participant. This one I'm not sure about. We can send an email
directly from Indico to all participants of a specific event. I don't
see the need for creating a new mailing list for this. The registrants
are, by default, on a mailing list already. Therefore, there is no
error-prone situation in making sure all registratns are fully informed
on important conference-related knowledge.

Bryen