Re: [opensuse-conference] Session: Kernel-of-the-day testing in SuSE QA
On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 14:28 +0200, Michael Matz wrote:
Hi Dan,

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011, Dan Collingridge wrote:

I have a question/potential issue with one of the scheduled sessions and
I'm not sure who/where to ask, so I'll just ask here.

One of the guys on my team (Vilem Marsik) has had a talk accepted for
the upcoming OpenSUSE/SUSE Labs conference. Our intention was to
schedule it for the "SUSE Labs" track, but it accidentally got scheduled
for the "Tools and Infrastructure" track (which I assume is open to
all).

All tracks are open to all, we decided early on that we don't really want
two classes of participants. Having said that we are open to close up
some sessions to only Labs or SUSE employees if the need arises, like
secret information needing NDAs.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that makes sense.

While the talk is not anything particularly *secret* it is about
code that has not been released to the public yet and was originally
intended for a SUSE Labs audience.

I think in this case we shouldn't close the session. It might not be
particularly relevant or even interesting for non-SUSE employees, but if
they really want to listen to it, it would be fine IMO.

I agree. There should be nothing secret/NDA that will be shared there.
We will only outline/discuss the tool/process and not share specific
results, etc.

I've added the following to the abstract to make the audience clear:
"We'll focus on SUSE internal processes and tools, therefore this talk is
mostly targeted at SUSE Labs employees." Is that okay with you?

Actually, since the session will be open anyways, I don't see a need for
the added text, so please feel free to take it out. I am confident that
Vilem can tailor his presentation so that it will be of interest for
both audiences (SUSE/Labs and the community).

Thanks,

Dan