Re: [opensuse-conference] Tourist Suggestions
Hey,

On 15.08.2011 20:18, Bryen M. Yunashko wrote:

I've been lucky enough to visit Nuremberg several times and have
actually visited *most* sights in Nuremberg during my off-hours. But
two places that have been a challenge to visit is the Medieval Dungeon
and the WW2 Artwork Bunker. The reason being they have rather limited
hours and plus you have to make an appointment to request an
English-speaking tour guide.

According to websites, both locations are near each other and are a
20-minute tour.

More like 2 hours combined.

I'd like to suggest that we offer this as an option for people
interested in alternative events (not everyone wants to sit and drink
all evening)

Just to clarify, we have entertainment every evening that has not
necessarily much to do with drinking :) On Sunday someone is going to
show us his collection of old-hardware, on Monday the social event (ok
that has very much to do with drinking 8-) and on Tuesday there is going
to be a workshop on how to produce 8bit music with a Gameboy and on
Wednesday we have the wrap-up session.

and perhaps someone can volunteer to contact both
sites and ask to make a special arrangement for openSUSE attendees to
visit perhaps as a Tuesday evening event.

Of course, attenndees would pay for the admission, not openSUSE. Just
that we would make it an arrangement and easier to have groups to go.

Thoughts?

Sure, go for it. I would suggest you book only the one, the general,
tour (Rock-Cut Beer Cellars) and see if you get people interested.

http://www.felsengaenge-nuernberg.de/en_index.htm

Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE
http://www.hennevogel.de