Re: [opensuse-conference] Bags for conference
On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 10:05 -0400, Robert Schweikert wrote:

On 08/15/2011 10:00 AM, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
Hey,

On 15.08.2011 15:51, Robert Schweikert wrote:
On 08/15/2011 03:32 AM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Friday, August 12, 2011 13:02:08 Robert Schweikert wrote:
On 08/10/2011 03:20 AM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Tuesday, August 09, 2011 17:35:12 Klaas Freitag wrote:
Am Dienstag, 9. August 2011, 16:30:12 schrieb Andreas Jaeger:
FYI: We're going to produce cotton bags for the openSUSE conference
with sponsor logos on it.

Why do we want to do this? Honestly, these conference bags are more
hindering than being useful.

A cotton bag can be made very small, if you don't need it - and you
don't need to take one ;)

We found it a nice thing to do - and cheaper than doing T-Shirts ;)

No conference t-shirt? :(

Geeko must be about $5 US and a cotton bag must be at least $3 US, for
$8US one can buy a t-shirt retail.

The Geekos will not come ouf of the openSUSE budget and thus your
numbers do not add up,

OK, but who wants a bag?

I do :)

If we spend money on stuff that is not desirable/wanted that's just
waste.

You can neither prove nor disprove if bags are not desired.

That is correct. However, of those that are on this list, 3 have voiced
their opinions against bags. My gut feel tells me that the majority of
people would prefer a t-shirt over the proposed bag.

Later,
Robert

I would prefer a t-shirt too, but as pointed out that's not budgetable,
therefore not up for discussion. And while we do get t-shirts from
other conferences, at least most of the FOSS conferences I have been to
charge a registration fee and then you get your free t-shirt. The only
other time I can think of is where one event was free, but they charged
a fee to sell you a t-shirt.

That may not be the same everywhere, but at least my experience tells me
you never really get a t-shirt for free.

There are also challenges with making sure we have an adequate size
t-shirt for everyone. Since we did not include a t-shirt question in
the registration form, this will prove a nightmare to figure out the
right size t-shirt for everyone to have in stock.

So, I would propose, before this devolves, to make an actual viable
solution proposal. If you want t-shirts, come up with a solution for
how to pay for it.

Bryen