Re: [opensuse-conference] Keynote Speaker: $COOLGUY from the Mozilla Project
  • From: Izabel Valverde <valverde.izabel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 11:11:59 -0300
2011/7/14 Klaas Freitag <freitag@xxxxxxx>:
Am Donnerstag 14 Juli 2011, 16:04:07 schrieb Izabel Valverde:
2011/7/14 Klaas Freitag <freitag@xxxxxxx>:
Am Donnerstag 14 Juli 2011, 15:20:23 schrieb Andreas Jaeger:
On Thursday, July 14, 2011 13:20:30 Klaas Freitag wrote:
Hi,

thinking of keynote speakers, I thought that somebody from the
mozilla project might be cool. I think the mozillas promote the
value of freedom very great, which also for openSUSE can and
should be a central value that distinguishes us from others.
About that I think it would be a good fit to have somebody
speaking about 'the value of freedom' and related ;-).

Good idea.

Before we ask for a speaker in the Speaker Request Form [1] I
thought it makes sense to ask if
- that makes sense?
- somebody knows somebody, see [2] ?

JP Rosevear is now at Google

                      ^^^^^^^^-- you meant Mozilla i guess ;-)

We can easily talk to Stormy Peters at Mozilla. She knows already
about oSC cause I'm in contact trying some sponsorship :-)
Cool. Is she a good Keynote speaker?

And, Izabel, you proposed somebody else, did you (or somebody) make
progress on that?

Thanks,

Klaas

Klaas I can get in touch with her and invite as well.

I think she is a good spaeker. She has huge experience on it... Also
she is part of GNOME Foundation Board.

In case Stormy can't come I would suggest Lucas Rocha, he just started
at Mozilla, part of GNOME as well and good speaker!

Let me know...

Izabel