Re: [opensuse-conference] travel sponsorship
On 07/07/2011 02:55 PM, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
On Tuesday 05 July 2011 16:54:11 Izabel Valverde wrote:
2011/7/5 Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxx>:
On Thursday, June 30, 2011 18:04:25 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
Hi all,

While we're still looking for sponsors, we realized that we probably
won't get them all to sign up any time soon. So we worked on our big-
eyed-kitty-look and asked our bosses if they would be willing to
guarantee some money. While the final decision is not in, I expect it to
come soon.

That means we can sponsor travel and start doing that soon. BUT now the
question is: HOW? How to decide, how to communicate, who decides, who
communicates?

So. In 2 min I tought up the following (which means: shoot it down, I
just wanted to kickstart the discussion):

We pick 5 people who have to decide together; then ask for requests; put
all requests in a spreadsheet, each on a line; let each person freely
distribute as many points as we have requests over each line and take
the top as long as we have money :D

I don't doubt the 5 will give preference to people who give
talks/present sessions of course.

Thoughts?

We need to get this up beginning of next week, preferably. Volunteers
for 'the 5' or how many it'll be are welcome!

So, any volunteers for the 5? Or anybody proposing something different?

Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger, Program Manager openSUSE
aj@{suse.com,opensuse.org} Twitter/Identica: jaegerandi

I'm glad to help anytime!

Ok, I'm willing to do it too and I nominate Henne because he knows everyone.
That is three. Who else wants to help?

Meanwhile I'll start drafting an announcement!

Izabel

I will decline, as I want to propose a workshop, and will ask for sponsoring
the hostel.
I believe it's not fair to be judge at the same time.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

openSUSE Member & Ambassador