Re: [opensuse-conference] Re: Let's talk keynote speakers!
On Monday, July 04, 2011 16:58:28 Izabel Valverde wrote:
2011/6/30 Jos Poortvliet <jos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Let's try to re-start this discussion as we need to find keynote
speakers at some point :D

I think it does make a lot of sense to put Michael Miller in front of
the audience to talk about what openSUSE can expect from SUSE.

A second keynote I'd like to propose would be Aaron Seigo. He's a KDE
rockstar developer, excellent speaker, and head of the Plasma
development team. More importantly, and the reason I think he's a good
choice for a speaker, is that the Plasma hacker team has recently
started to experiment with new ways of collaborating. Keyword here:
Kanban. See an article mentioning this way of working here:
http://dot.kde.org/2011/06/29/platform-frameworks-kde-hackers-meet-
switzerland

I must to say that Aaron would be a great keynote...

Aaron would probably be willing to give a keynote talking about
collaboration and working together, both on-line & face to face. I think
it could be very valuable for us as we, as a community, don't have much
experience with this yet.

Obviously, if any of you has an idea for someone else who could touch on
the same subject that'd be awesome! If not, I can contact Aaron next
week or so and ask him.

In either case, with a keynote about collaboration & a keynote about
SUSE we still have two slots available.

Based on what was discussed last time, we could do a 'history session'
or forum although I'd rather have a forward-looking thing. Maybe a few
opinionated, core techies together on stage, talking about future stuff?

And what other community member(s) could talk?

I was in a big brazilian conference called FISL and I had the chance
to talk with few interesting people. I step forward and invited them
to join us.

Thanks!

First Dennis Gilmore - He is Release Engineer at Red Hat for Fedora -
must to read Fedora Project Contributor ;-)
Second Lenz Grimmer - He knows a lot about openSUSE Conference and
unfortunately has no agenda for us, but said that will see the
possibility to sponsor us - maybe can send somebody else.

Lenz gave already a keynote at the first openSUSE conference.

Will you followup with him regarding sponsorship or shall I as I know him?

and the third and last - Cedric Thomas - OW2 - it's a Consortium with
solutions and the invitation had the intention to get sponsorship
cause they are dealing with Canonical for something big in Brazil and
the idea is pretty interesting and I thought we could make something
with them.

For these three I will need an invitation letter to garantee that they
will go by their own $efforts$ :-D

Will you take care of that letter?

Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger, Program Manager openSUSE
aj@{suse.com,opensuse.org} Twitter/Identica: jaegerandi