Re: [opensuse-conference] Re: Let's talk keynote speakers!
Am Donnerstag 30 Juni 2011, 10:50:36 schrieb Jos Poortvliet:
Let's try to re-start this discussion as we need to find keynote
speakers at some point :D
Very good idea, thanks for pushing.

I think it does make a lot of sense to put Michael Miller in front of
the audience to talk about what openSUSE can expect from SUSE.
While I agree that it would be great to have that information at hand
for the conference, I wonder if that has to be a keynote, or if it
could be a press release for example. For me it depends if Michael
likes to take the opportunity to really enthuse the community, if he
wants, I am all for it.

A second keynote I'd like to propose would be Aaron Seigo. He's a KDE
rockstar developer, excellent speaker, and head of the Plasma
development team. More importantly, and the reason I think he's a good
choice for a speaker, is that the Plasma hacker team has recently
started to experiment with new ways of collaborating. Keyword here:
Kanban. See an article mentioning this way of working here:
http://dot.kde.org/2011/06/29/platform-frameworks-kde-hackers-meet-
switzerland

Aaron would probably be willing to give a keynote talking about
collaboration and working together, both on-line & face to face. I think
it could be very valuable for us as we, as a community, don't have much
experience with this yet.
Good idea, as Aaron obviously is a great speaker, and if he talks about
the collaboration topic, especially with a upstream <-> downstream focus it
would be great. I know he at least had issues with working downstreams,
why not talking about that.

I don't think we want a KDE Plasma Active Keynote. On the other hand I of
course hope that there will be quite a bunch of "normal" talks about
Plasma Active.

In either case, with a keynote about collaboration & a keynote about
SUSE we still have two slots available.
What happened to Holgers offer to contact Gunter Dueck from IBM?

Does anybody have contacts to Intel to find somebody talking about what
they intend with the buildservice and MeeGo for example?

Would "Linux 3.0" be a topic? For whom?

What about a more political topic? We could contact somebody from
http://digitalegesellschaft.de . I would appreciate that as I think
at least one not so technical topic would be fine.

regards

Klaas