Re: [opensuse-conference] Travel Advisories
  • From: Kostas Koudaras <warlordfff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:30:45 +0300
2011/6/10 Bryen M. Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>:
As people start planning their trips to Nuremberg, I think it would be
useful if someone with local expertise can provide some cost-saving
advice since airfare is getting reidiculously expensive these days.
For example, a trip from Chicago to Nuremberg is around $1150
(thereabouts).  This is about a $300-400 price jump from previous
travels I have made.

Looking at nearby airports can be daunting, and if someone can volunteer
to create a page making suggestions for travel, this might be a helpful
tip for our conference attendees.   For example, if I were to fly into
Frankfurt from New York City, then the price is around $900
(thereabouts).   Traveling to Brussels is also significantly cheap
although taking a train from those destinations might wipe out some of
the savings we could make.

So, tips for airports in the general Germany area with reasonable (short
time) trains to Nuremberg and advice on how to find the best train
fares, etc. might be a very nice useful tip that helps to encourage more
people to come to the conference.

Any volunteers with good knowledge of regional travel?

Great idea,
also we need to do the same with hotels and hostels that would be near
the place where the conference will take place.
Kostas

Bryen

http://opensuse.gr
http://amb.opensuse.gr