Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-ceph (2 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-ceph] ceph-deploy in openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed
On 05/27/2017 12:55 PM, Tim Serong wrote:
On 05/27/2017 11:50 AM, Nathan Cutler wrote:
On 05/26/2017 03:43 PM, Nathan Cutler wrote:
So, what next for ceph-deploy on openSUSE? Leave it as-is? Keep it
indefinitely (and periodically pull updates in from upstream)?
Eventually deprecate and remove it?

In Leap 42.3, I'm for dropping ceph-deploy, but only after DeepSea is
in.

Just for posterity: the request to get DeepSea in was declined[1], and
further work is required[2].

Meanwhile, the automatic ceph-mgr creation hack has been removed from
Luminous[3], and the ceph-deploy version present in Factory and Leap
42.3 doesn't know how to deploy ceph-mgr, leaving us with a broken
deployment tool shipping in our base distro. So, I've opened
https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/509359 to update ceph-deploy in
Factory. If that goes in, and if nobody here objects, I'll open a
request to get this into Leap 42.3 as well (which probably means an MR
at this stage, AIUI).

Thanks,

Tim

[1] https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/503528