Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Centos build stuck with "downloading 6 dod packages"
On Donnerstag, 26. März 2020, 16:28:39 CET wrote Johanna Amann:
Hi,

sorry - that was just me mistyping things. The gcc that one gets from
devtoolset-7 on opensuse build service is 7.2.1 - which is too old.

When installing a CentOS release at home, updating everything, and
installing devtoolset-7 I get 7.3.1 - which is new enough.

would be interessting via which repo-md metadata. Because even though the 7.3.1
rpm is out there the meta data of the repo

http://mirror.centos.org/centos-7/7/sclo/x86_64/rh/repodata/

is outdated.

And the devtoolset-7 subdir has no repo data at all.

I would love to use devtoolset-8 or 9 on here. However - when I try that
- I just get the following message: “nothing provides
devtoolset-8-gcc-c++, nothing provides devtoolset-8-elfutils, nothing
provides devtoolset-8-binutils, nothing provides devtoolset-8-make,
nothing provides devtoolset-8-toolchain”. Same with devtoolset-9.

yeah, most likely because they just put rpms there but not refresh meta data.

But when you get it in your installed system it must be somewhere...

Thanks for the help,
Johanna