[opensuse-buildservice] Building with GCC 7+ on Ubuntu 16.04
  • From: Logan Lembke <logan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 15:39:00 -0600
Does anyone know of a way to load GCC 7 or later onto Ubuntu 16.04 for
building a package?
If GCC 7 were in the Ubuntu Xenial repo, I know I could pull it in by
adding a version qualifier to my Build-depends line in my .dsc file.
However, the latest version of GCC in the Xenial repos is version 5.

On my local dev machine, I bring GCC 7 in by using an external Debian
repository. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a way to install that
external repository during the build process.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Logan L
Software Developer
Active Countermeasures