Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Fedora Modular repositories
On Mon, 17 Feb 2020, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 7:59 AM David Adam <zanchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

Is it possible to produce Fedora modular repositories using OBS? I
couldn't find anything in the documentation or on GitHub, but perhaps I
have overlooked something simple.

The reason that I'm interested is that our package (shells:fish) is also
in a lot of downstream projects, including Fedora. It's part of a
separate module in Fedora 31. Unfortunately, module packages always take
priority over standalone packages, so our OBS repository is never going to
be selected by `dnf install`.

It is not yet possible to do this from OBS directly. There's... quirks
with modular repos.

That said, I'm not sure why fish is a module in Fedora. Have you
contacted the Fedora maintainer to see if they intend to keep it
modularized? A lot of content has been moving back from modules to
non-modules in Fedora.

Indeed. I spent a lot of time staring at the various Modularity pages
trying to understand it, without much success.

I have written to the Fedora maintainers and will see what they say.

Thanks for your quick response.

David