Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Acceptable to publish on OBS a package that is Java program (jar) not Open Source ?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2020 08:42:02 +0100
On Samstag, 1. Februar 2020, 21:50:25 CET Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Saturday 2020-02-01 20:09, Michael Pujos wrote:

I am the author of a Java program that is free to use
but not Open Source. Thus it comes as a jar file without source.
Is it ok for me to publish it as home project on OBS, or is it against OBS
rules ?

The licensing terms need to be OSI compliant, irrespective of the form
of the program.

Right, the only exception is for approved packages which have been
included in the openSUSE NonFree repositories.

You could theoretical apply there for inclusion, but afaik the distribution
people are not very keen to include more...

--

Adrian Schroeter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
Build Infrastructure Project Manager