Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Issues with python3-beautifulsoup4
On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 4:40 PM Hamish MB <hamishmb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

Apologies if this is the wrong place to send.

I've been having an issue where packages built in OBS suddenly depend on
python3dist(bs4) instead of python3-beautifulsoup4 or another package
that exists, does anyone know why this might be? I assume it's something
wrong in my spec file. This never used to happen though, and now it
happens for both Fedora 30 and 31.

Can anyone give me any advice?

This change happened because Fedora switched on the Python dependency
generator in Fedora 30:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/EnablingPythonGeneratorsByDefault

python3-beautifulsoup4 provides python3dist(bs4), so things that
require python3dist(bs4) will still get python3-beautifulsoup4.