Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Building 32 bit package in x86_64 on the OBS
On Mon, Dec 02, 2019 at 07:52:54AM -0500, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 3:22 AM Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sonntag, 1. Dezember 2019, 04:22:47 CET Neal Gompa wrote:
On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 10:18 PM Rosanne DiMesio <dimesio@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I'm still trying to build 32 bit Wine packages for Fedora 31 on the OBS.

The Fedora 31 repository at
http://ftp.fau.de/fedora/linux/releases/31/Everything/x86_64/os/Packages/
has all the i686 packages needed to build 32 bit Wine, but I have not
been able to get the OBS to use them. I even tried manually downloading
the packages and building locally, but the build fails with

[ 10s] checking whether gcc -m32 works... no
[ 10s] configure: error: Cannot build a 32-bit program, you need to
install 32-bit development libraries.

The 32 bit libraries were definitely in
/var/tmp/osbuild-packagecache/Fedora:31/standard/x86_64.

Is there a way to force the OBS to use the i686 packages available in
Fedora 31 x86_64, or should I just give up?

not in the x86_64 scheduler build atm.

Not sure. Maybe OBS is filtering out the i686 packages from the x86_64
repo?

yes, they would conflict otherwise.

our mechanic to build 32bit compat packages is different, we extract them
from normal i586 builds.

So you don't support name.arch package requests in OBS? Nor using the
name%{?_isa} requests to pull multiarch deps? Why not?

Why cant the RPMs for building not in the i686 tree like in previous Fedoras?

Can we bootstrap them perhaps if Fedora no longer wants to support Wine?

Ciao, Marcus