Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Modularity Support in OBS
Hi again,

On 13. Nov 2019, at 14:03 , Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx> wrote:

we have added simplistic support for RedHat's modules [1] (aka
"Application Streams). Basically Modularity is a way to have
multiple repositories wrapped into one.

The default in OBS is that no module packages are used at all.
If you need packages from some module (e.g. python36), you'll
need to enable the module you want in the project config:

ExpandFlags: module:python36-3.6

This enables module "python36" with stream version "3.6".

Just add more "module:XXX-YYY" arguments if you need multiple
modules. (You can also use multiple ExpandFlags lines.)

If you're wondering about what else you can do with a project
config, please check out our documentation [2].

[1] https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/modularity/
[2]
https://openbuildservice.org/help/manuals/obs-user-guide/cha.obs.prjconfig.html

We're having projects requiring perl-libs.

perl-libs, however is provided in two different versions:

$ dnf module list

Name Stream Profiles Summary

[...]

perl 5.24 common [d], minimal Practical
Extraction and Report Language
perl 5.26 [d] common [d], minimal Practical
Extraction and Report Language

[...]

http://mirror.centos.org/centos-8/8/BaseOS/x86_64/os/Packages/ contains
perl-libs-5.26
http://mirror.centos.org/centos-8/8/AppStream/x86_64/os/Packages/ contains
perl-libs-5.24

I wasn't able to build a construct to ignore the 5.24 version without removing
AppStream or reordering it.

e.g.

ExpandFlags: !module:perl-5.24 module:mariadb-10.3

doesn't seem to work.

Is that a known issue, missing feature or am I doing something wrong?

--

kind regards,
Carsten Hoeger

Email: carsten.hoeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Open-Xchange AG, Hohenzollernring 72, 50672 Cologne,
District Court Cologne HRB 95366
Managing Board: Rafael Laguna de la Vera, Carsten Dirks,
Michael Knapstein, Stephan Martin
Chairman of the Board: Richard Seibt

European Office:
Open-Xchange GmbH, Olper Huette 5f, D-57462 Olpe, Germany,
District Court Siegen, HRB 8718
Managing Director: Frank Hoberg

US Office:
Open-Xchange. Inc., 530 Lytton Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301, USA