Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Fedora 31 i586 Wine builds unresolvable
  • From: Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 07:42:45 -0400
On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 7:36 AM Rosanne DiMesio <dimesio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 30 Oct 2019 21:43:36 -0400
Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

i686 libraries should still exist in the x86_64 repository. You should
be able to build a multiarch build from the x86_64 package build
environment. The "i586" target is for "pure" i686 environments.

As a quick test I added BuildRequires: libgcc.i686 to my spec file and that
made the 64 bit build unresolvable because nothing provides libgcc.i686. So
how do I get the OBS to use the i686 packages needed to build the 32 bit side
of Wine in the 64 bit build environment for Fedora 31?

And assuming that can be done, I also need advice on how to get the OBS to
build both 32 and 64 bit Wine in the 64 bit environment. Both are needed, and
for every other distro, the 32 and 64 bit parts of Wine are built separately,
in "pure" environments. My Fedora Rawhide i586 builds are still working. And
Ubuntu has not distributed a bootable 32 bit image since 18.04, but the OBS
can still build i586 Wine packages for newer versions of Ubuntu. Even
openSUSE Leap Wine packages are built that way.

To do it the "conventional" way, OBS would need to be configured to
use the Koji build system's i686 repos for Fedora instead. However,
Koji "internal" repos are not signed or distributed via the mirror
network. I don't know if the OBS team wants to configure the Fedora 31
i586 target to use that.