Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Fedora 31 i586 Wine builds unresolvable
On Wed, 30 Oct 2019 21:43:36 -0400
Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

i686 libraries should still exist in the x86_64 repository. You should
be able to build a multiarch build from the x86_64 package build
environment. The "i586" target is for "pure" i686 environments.

As a quick test I added BuildRequires: libgcc.i686 to my spec file and that
made the 64 bit build unresolvable because nothing provides libgcc.i686. So how
do I get the OBS to use the i686 packages needed to build the 32 bit side of
Wine in the 64 bit build environment for Fedora 31?

And assuming that can be done, I also need advice on how to get the OBS to
build both 32 and 64 bit Wine in the 64 bit environment. Both are needed, and
for every other distro, the 32 and 64 bit parts of Wine are built separately,
in "pure" environments. My Fedora Rawhide i586 builds are still working. And
Ubuntu has not distributed a bootable 32 bit image since 18.04, but the OBS can
still build i586 Wine packages for newer versions of Ubuntu. Even openSUSE Leap
Wine packages are built that way.

--
Rosanne DiMesio <dimesio@xxxxxxxxx>