Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: All Debian testing/unstable builds are failing: Nothing provides libperl5.28
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 13:45:22 +0200
On Dienstag, 15. Oktober 2019, 13:35:42 CEST Harald Welte wrote:
I tried to debug this further...

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 12:00:18PM +0200, Harald Welte wrote:
all of the projects we build in network:osmocom:latest /
network:osmocom:nightly are failing for both Debian Unstable and Testing.
All seem to somehow depend on libperl5.28. This must be some implicit
dependency of some other package we depend on, as we're not using perl
from Osmocom projects, and don't have any related Depends in
debian/control.

Does anyone else observe this problem?

FYI: I have just tested the following:
* create a new lxc container with debian sid (unstable)
* install the build dependencies and git
* git clone git://git.osmocom.org/libosmocore.git
* dpkg-buildpackage

And it works just fine without that mysterious libperl5.28
dependency/problem.

So it appears to be a problem that doesn't appear in upstream Debian but
is specific to OBS.

well, yes, somewhere it needs to be configured which packages are the minimum
to build a package. Given that unstable and testing are rolling releases it
breaks from time to time and needs adaption.

Check:

osc meta prjconf Debian:Next

for example. You could extend the rules there in your project.

--

Adrian Schroeter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
Build Infrastructure Project Manager