Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: New OBS UI / monitor usability has become really bad (with attachments)
* Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [10-15-19 07:42]:
Sorry, forgot the attachments.

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 12:15:07PM +0200, Harald Welte wrote:
Dear OBS team,

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 01:54:02PM +0200, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
As always, please keep in touch and give us your feedback over IRC, this
list or in case of problems, via github issues.

I know it's kind of late to provide feedback. However, initially the new
UI was only used when not logged in, and the old UI was still available
when logged in, which made this a non issue. Hoewver, now the new UI is
also
used when logged in :/

In the old UI, the "project monitor" would nicely use the full width of the
available
browser window. The new UI doesn't do that. So what I'm facing is shown
in the attached two PNGs:

* Only a fraction of the horizontal screen real estate is used
* The actual number of columns by far exceeds the viewport

I presume the purpose of the monitor is to give you an easy overview of all
the
packages in a project, on all the repositories/distros. The new UI fails
to do so,
while the old UI was working nicely. The HTML page simply was as wide as
the number
of repositories you activated, and you could use the browser to scroll
left/right, or
simply reduce the zoom level to make sure you see all of your projects.

In the new UI you can zoom your browser as much as you want. At least I am
not
able to see more than 9 columns in horizontal direction.

If there's some setting to disable this behavior, or some setting to return
to the old
UI, I would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks for all the great work you're doing on OBS.

Regards,
Harald

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://laforge.gnumonks.org/
(ETSI EN 300 175-7 Ch. A6)

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://laforge.gnumonks.org/
(ETSI EN 300 175-7 Ch. A6)

YES, better that you forget ATTACTMENTS. next time upload to a file
sharing service and provide the link rather than flooding the list with
data only a few ?may? wish to see