Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build Service: delayed_job memory consumption
  • From: "Matwey V. Kornilov" <matwey.kornilov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 12:55:03 +0300
ср, 2 окт. 2019 г. в 13:45, Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hey,

On 01.10.19 17:48, Matwey V. Kornilov wrote:

I am running private OBS instance on Leap 15.1. I use
obs-api-2.10-lp151.10.1.noarch

I see that delayed_job ruby scripts consume about 100MB of RAM each on my
setup:
As far as I understand, the scripts are just delayed job workers, they
pop the jobs from the database and execute some stuff then.

In the context of the application. That's the reason they load it into
memory.

Is it possible to tune memory consumption somehow?

Not really no.

As far as I understand, currently delayed_job uses a process per
queue. In the docs I see that it is allowed to start workers to serve
any queue ("--pool=*:2").
So, having a pool of fixed small number of workers serving any jobs
would reduce number of processes (and memory consuming). But I am not
sure about possible job deadlocks.
What do you think?

Henne

--