Re: [opensuse-buildservice] CentOS8: No python3?
On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 11:33 AM Julio Gonzalez <jgonzalez@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am trying to fix the issue at
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Tools/obs-service-tar_scm not
building for CentOS_8 with https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/734384

Problem is that "python3" is not available.

As far as I can tell from
https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2019/05/07/what-no-python-in-red-hat-enterprise-linux-8/
and the tests I am making myself at a
CentOS8 VM, neither python2 or python3 are part of the baseOS repository, but
part of the AppStream repository.

Is AppStream repo missing at OBS?

PS: obs-service-tar_scm does not have RHEL8 enabled yet, but I guess it will
have the same issue.

Fedora Modularity is not supported in the Open Build Service. This
means that Red Hat Application Streams do not work either.

I am working on creating some workaround tooling while Modularity
stuff is being worked out (also with my involvement).