Re: [opensuse-buildservice] CentOS8: No python3?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2019 17:49:57 +0200
On Dienstag, 1. Oktober 2019, 17:30:57 CEST Julio Gonzalez wrote:
I am trying to fix the issue at
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Tools/obs-service-tar_scm
not building for CentOS_8 with

Problem is that "python3" is not available.

As far as I can tell from
https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2019/05/07/what-no-python-in-red-hat-ent
erprise-linux-8/ and the tests I am making myself at a CentOS8 VM, neither
python2 or python3 are part of the baseOS repository, but part of the
AppStream repository.

Is AppStream repo missing at OBS?

no, it is included. Check "osc meta prj CentOS:CentOS-8"

there seems to be no python3 package neither in baseos nor in appstream repos
atm.

will need to check where it lives tomorrow. (or if it is missing, it wouldn't
be the first breakage, we saw also other missing x86_64 rpms where only i686
are there. It seems they didn't run a dependency check before publishing)

--

Adrian Schroeter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
Build Infrastructure Project Manager