[opensuse-buildservice] KVM worker setup
  • From: Morschhäuser, Mark <Mark.Morschhaeuser@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 14:41:02 +0000
Hi,

how do I need to configure an OBS worker to use KVM instead of a chroot?
I checked the documentation but did not find information about that topic.

I tried the following settings in /etc/sysconfig/obs-server and restarted the
obsworker:
OBS_VM_TYPE="kvm"
OBS_VM_KERNEL="/boot/vmlinuz"
OBS_VM_INITRD="/boot/initrd"
OBS_VM_DISK_AUTOSETUP_ROOT_FILESIZE="4096"
OBS_VM_DISK_AUTOSETUP_SWAP_FILESIZE="1024"
OBS_VM_DISK_AUTOSETUP_FILESYSTEM="ext4"
OBS_VM_DISK_AUTOSETUP_MOUNT_OPTIONS=""
OBS_VM_USE_TMPFS="no"
OBS_VM_CUSTOM_OPTION=""

The OBS_WORKER_* settings are empty, I don't know what they are about.

The WebUI tells me "scheduled" with overlay "waiting for <n> compliant workers
<n> of them are bad".

In screen -x I see
fetching sources, packages, building...
VM_ROOT: /mnt/ramdisk/obs/worker/root_1/root, VM_SWAP:
/mnt/ramdisk/obs/worker/root_1/swap
Creating /mnt/ramdisk/obs/worker/root_1/root (4096M)
0+0 records in
0+0 records out
0 bytes copied, 2.8003e-05 s, 0.0 kB/s
fallocate: fallocate failed: No space left on device

(the path is actually not a ramdisk, just an ordinary file system, everything
there belongs to root who is also owner of the obsworker processes and there
are 80GB disk free).

I also see the following messages:
send_state http://<myserver>: 404 remote error: Not Found
They even appear when I use the build chroot configuration (which works so far
- unless packages use ports in the %check section and collide with other build
instances).

Best regards,

Mark