Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Why does OBS think some packages are "unresolvable" while they are not?
Am 13.09.19 um 09:09 schrieb Mathias Homann:
Am Freitag, 13. September 2019, 08:34:14 CEST schrieb Wolfgang Rosenauer:
Hi,

Am 13.09.19 um 08:15 schrieb Mathias Homann:
not completely unrelated: could you please turn on publishing on the
thunderbird68 package but leave building disabled, then wipe its binaries?
After they have been removed from the repos you can turn publishing off
again... right now the repos contain Thunderbird 68.0 which is basically
broken when it comes to addons, and Thunderbird 60.9 which works fine
but gets replaced by the broken tb 68 unless you lock it...

hmm, what do you mean by "basically broken when it comes to addons"?
The fact that it does not support old-style xul addons but only
webextensions? Or is there anything else?

well, there is the fact that so far no addons have actually been updated, or
if they have they don't work - not even the ones that come packaged with it.,
like lightning.

If it's the former there is no reason to remove TB68 because the change
will happen anyway.

maybe then the change shouldn't happen yet?

That is what people said when Firefox dropped old-style extension
support. And it's similar for a lot of things: At some point it needs to
be enforced otherwise it will never happen.
I do not say that the timing is perfect but it is how it is. I cannot
change anything really.
I can try to find out if there is another 60.x release but if not there
is no real choice. Otherwise we have bought 4-6 more weeks during that
period other people would complain to not get 68.x.

The plan also is to go to 68.1 in Tumbleweed within the next days.
The only way to stay with TB 68.9 (I'm not even sure if there will be a
60.10 is to lock it anyway which is always the case if a new version
arrives.

guess i'll end up having to do that then - but then maybe you could turn *on*
pubishing for a moment, so that the already built 68.1 actually gets out? Or
is there still work to be done on that package?

Publishing is turned on.
Building is off to save OBS cycles. For a final build (and probable
submission to TW) the security changelog entries are missing. The only
issue is that I'm not sure which binaries are actually served exactly
and if there was a relevant change since building is disabled.

I'm trying the 68.1 binaries right now, and the first I see is this:

https://gyazo.com/2e1b4633008da15847bd49ffe84921c3

Since I guess that this is called only on first upgrade of a profile I
cannot reproduce easily. I will try. Do you have the full URL somewhere
on the screen?

Wolfgang