[opensuse-buildservice] Best option to integrate StartlingX CI with OBS
Hello,

I have spent a few hours at looking at various options on how best
integrate StartlingX CI with OBS for our multiOS subproject.
For info, StarlingX is a pilot project of OpenStack.
   https://www.starlingx.io/

I notice when looking at information on OBS and CI integration published
by projects like OpenStack or obs-server that that prefer process seems
to be,  first build in a branch, followed by a second build in staging.

It leads me to a few questions:

1) Why 2 builds
------------------------
What s the value of building of a package in Staging if that was already
validated in a Branch ?
Is there something that I missed that is possible in Staging but not in
a branch ?

2) Managing builds
------------------------------
I do not have the knowledge of a build ID concept on OBS and that make a
few things more difficult. I would be interested to understand the best
way to work around.
After creating my branch and changing the required files, my build can
be tracked by osc.
   osc results  -w --xml home:dominig:branches:.......
The -w option might not be a good idea as I can see that SSL Error:
(104, 'Connection reset by peer') are quite frequent.
Is there a better asynchronous way to track the package build
success/failure?

If multiple changes are triggered in parallel on the same package, I
would have a mess with my branches (naming conflict). What would be the
best method to avoid serialisation on the test builds in that case ?

3) Cancelling build
It is not uncommon in a CI, that a new patch set is added before that
the build result is known. What would be the best way to manage such
situation ?
Would an "osc  restartbuild" on the same branch after source update the
right solution ?

Any other hints for CI integration would be welcome.

--
Dominig ar Foll
Senior Software Architect