Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Enhancement ideas for https://build.opensuse.org/image_templates
  • From: Adam Spiers <ASpiers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 14:17:40 +0000
Vincent Moutoussamy <vmoutoussamy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I think the former SUSE Studio UI* was a bit better than what we have on
https://build.opensuse.org/image_templates.

Agreed.

So here are some of my idea to improve the existing page:

1) Having “Template for”/“Templates using" in the name of each projects might
be
too much?
In that regard I could rename “SLE 15 Code Line” by just “SUSE Linux Enterprise
15” and you could rename "Templates using openSUSE Leap 15.1” by just
“openSUSE
Leap 15.1”.

2) Emphasis on openSUSE and SLE latest version
- By having a “UI frame” called "openSUSE and SLE latest versions” containing
Leap
15.1, Tumbleweed and SLE 15.1.
- Then a frame called “others” containing everything else but with Leap 15.0
and
SLE 15.1 at the top, then the rest

So do you like my ideas?

Sounds good to me! The current ordering / grouping is definitely a
bit confusing. Generally things should be sorted from newest to
oldest (or vice-versa in some cases), and openSUSE / SLE templates
should not be mixed up together too much, except if it's just the
latest versions of each like you suggest above.