Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Why does OBS think some packages are "unresolvable" while they are not?
  • From: Stefan Brüns <stefan.bruens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2019 18:18:33 +0200
On Sonntag, 8. September 2019 17:08:14 CEST Manfred Hollstein wrote:
On Sun, 08 Sep 2019, 15:12:58 +0200, Stefan Brüns wrote:
On Sonntag, 8. September 2019 13:32:42 CEST Manfred Hollstein wrote:

These are 2 * 3 * 2 = 12 instances of mozilla package builds. These
packages compete with the MozillaFirefox packages from Tumbleweed and its
Stagings.
Are you saying I should not help Wolfgang, who is the maintainer for the
mozilla packages and his work? The current situation that I'm back at
revision 1 is just a matter of having to re-base/sync my work with
Wolfgang's.

Only 4 of the OBS workers have enough resources to build Firefox, so the
whole Staging process gets slowed down considerably.

Please:
- disable building for the project(s) you don't work on
- disable building for all but one distribution, thats sufficient for your
setup experiments.

Please read above. If you want, I can certainly stop contributing to
various packages...

I never said that. I just asked kindly to consider the effects of rebuilding
packages in your home project *after* submitting your work. You are
effectively hurting yourself - you are slowing down Factory progress, and thus
also extend the time it takes until the next Firefox or Thunderbird version is
accepted.

When you start the next round, you can just start with *one* target repository
enabled, and enable the other ones once the first one succeeds, just prior to
submission.

Unfortunately, powerful workers are a scarce resource in the OBS. Using only
as few resources as needed helps *all* contributors.

Kind regards,

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns / Bergstraße 21 / 52062 Aachen
home: +49 241 53809034 mobile: +49 151 50412019