Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Why does OBS think some packages are "unresolvable" while they are not?
  • From: Stefan Brüns <stefan.bruens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2019 15:12:58 +0200
On Sonntag, 8. September 2019 13:32:42 CEST Manfred Hollstein wrote:
Hi there,

I have re-created the situation in a small project at
<https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:manfred-h:TEST>.
It contains four packages of which two BuildRequire the two other ones:

I am just wondering what you are trying to achieve at all. Currently you are:

- building mozilla69 and mozilla68, both are unmodified copies of the packages
from the mozilla OBS projects.
- building each one for Leap 42.3, 15.0 and 15.1
- doing the same in your :mozilla and :TEST subprojects.

These are 2 * 3 * 2 = 12 instances of mozilla package builds. These packages
compete with the MozillaFirefox packages from Tumbleweed and its Stagings.
Only 4 of the OBS workers have enough resources to build Firefox, so the whole
Staging process gets slowed down considerably.

Please:
- disable building for the project(s) you don't work on
- disable building for all but one distribution, thats sufficient for your
setup experiments.

And as Andreas has said already - don't try to build different versions of the
same package in one project. A project can hold exactly one version of a
package at any time.

Regards,

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns / Bergstraße 21 / 52062 Aachen
home: +49 241 53809034 mobile: +49 151 50412019