Re: [opensuse-buildservice] HowTo of AppImage repo facility in OBS
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2019 15:53:43 +0200
On Mittwoch, 4. September 2019, 15:41:53 CEST Dominig ar Foll (Intel Open
Source) wrote:
Hello,

I see that OBS now offers an AppImage repo option for any project.
When I activate the Option, on one of my working project which provides
many working packages, OBS informs me that the building of my packages
for AppImage are deactivated.
I guess that it's due to a missing file or option somewhere. But what ?

Is it possible to simply build an AppImage by adding the repo to a project ?
What else I need to add to my project to publish an AppImage as well as my
traditional packages ?
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:dominig:opencpn-sandbox

My objective would be to package my full project (I have a meta package
that loads all the sub packages) as a single AppImage.

Any help would be appreciated.

You can start with AppImage template

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/OBS:AppImage:Templates/
AppImageTemplate

just branch it. In case you want to build it based on packages you need to
build them against openSUSE:42.3 repo atm.

--

Adrian Schroeter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
Build Infrastructure Project Manager