Re: [opensuse-buildservice] pre_checkin.sh and obs_scm git service
  • From: Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2019 17:50:58 +0200
Am Montag, 2. September 2019, 15:53:17 CEST schrieb Adrian Schröter:
On Montag, 2. September 2019, 14:34:26 CEST Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
[next try here, since this request seems to be misplaced in -packaging]

Hi,

if I understand the pre_checkin.sh concept correctly (docs are quite
sparse
to put it friendly: https://en.opensuse.org/
openSUSE:Build_Service_Concept_PreCheckinFeatures)
pre_checkin.sh is executed on check in time, but I'm looking for a similar
mechanism, that is executed after git checkout and before build on the
server (pre_build.sh?)

pre_build.sh is not an obs concept, just a private script which may be
called by the user...

OBS tools will never call random scripts on your workstation outside of a
secured VM, since it is a security issue.

Understood.

It would work in the build environment as well, it just needs access to the
git tree, and need to generate a file - or would you prefer to carry the git
tree around in the builds?

Background: in order to produce a reproducible build, sometimes, we need
generate the necessary information from running a script out of the git
tree. Example:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:frispete:Tumbleweed/HandBrake

While at it, with obs_scm in default mode and changesgenerate option
enabled, changelog handling is suboptimal as well. It would be cool to
have
changespersistent option, that would copy the
_service:obs_scm:HandBrake.changes to the HandBrake.changes, as this
process would do in disabled mode.

when running in the disabled mode it should be indeed get moved over. This
is done by osc, so I doubt a bit that it just not works for a single file.

Are you sure that this won't happen?

In disabled mode, the changes are persistent, but not in the default (when-no-
mode-is-specified?) mode. Without this option, the delta between the last
manual change and current state appears as a single entry. Sometimes, it would
be nice to keep the change history..

Cheers,
Pete