Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS Maintenance Process - How to release a maintenance update to different codestream?
Hello Marcus, Everyone,

On Thursday, 11 July, 2019 at 01:57 PM, Marcus Meissner
<meissner@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
It should trigger that too, yes.

With a manual trigger you can also use "osc relaese" with

osc release --target-repository=SUSE:Updates:<PRODUCT>:x86_64
Maintenance:XX

but in the end it will just do the above API call.

Good news is that this *actually* worked!! So thank you so much!!

But the bad news is that in the "Update Channel" project, I now have a package
called "patchinfo", instead of "patchinfo.XX" :-/ Does not matter whether I use
"osc release" or directly using the API call I posted earlier.

Looks like, for some reason, the following condition is not returning true:

https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/blob/2.9/src/api/app/controllers/source_controller.rb#L1460

if pkg.project.is_maintenance_incident?
# The maintenance ID is always the sub project name of the
maintenance project
target_package_name += '.' << pkg.project.name.gsub(/.*:/, '')
end

The project is, of course, set to maintenance incident:

$ lsc meta prj Maintenance:XX
<project name="Maintenance:XX" kind="maintenance_incident">
<title/>

Apparently, the target package name (patchinfo.XX) is added whenever a
releaserequest is raised. I don't see any option to do this when releasing
manually.

How do I rename "patchinfo" to "patchinfo.XX" safely? Only project copy
supports "withbinaries" option. Create "patchinfo.XX" and inject binaries
again?

Regards,
Srinidhi.