Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS Maintenance Process - How to release a maintenance update to different codestream?
On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 01:53:26AM -0600, Srinidhi B wrote:
Hello Again,

In the project meta of a maintenance incident, we usually have **something
like**:

<releasetarget project="SUSE:Updates:<PRODUCT>:x86_64"
repository="update" trigger="maintenance"/>

If I change trigger="maintenance" to trigger="manual", will I be able to
release the maintenance update by running the following command?

$ osc api -X POST
'/source/Maintenance:XX/patchinfo?cmd=release&target_project=SUSE:Updates:<PRODUCT>:x86_64&repository=<repository-from-incident>&target_repository=update'

Why I'm asking this specifically is whether this would trigger the workflow
of updating package tracking information and copying the binaries, etc.?

It should trigger that too, yes.

With a manual trigger you can also use "osc relaese" with

osc release --target-repository=SUSE:Updates:<PRODUCT>:x86_64
Maintenance:XX

but in the end it will just do the above API call.

Ciao, Marcus

Regards,
Srinidhi.

On Wednesday, 10 July, 2019 at 03:40 PM, Srinidhi B