Re: [opensuse-buildservice] software.opensuse.org doesn't find some packages
Hi,

Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx> writes:
I'm not sure if I'm right here, please point me to the correct place
when I'm not :)

The best location for bug reports on software.opensuse.org is

https://github.com/openSUSE/software-o-o/issues/new

How can these different results be explained? And can the wrong "no
packages" statements please be eliminated somehow?

This sounds like you are searching packages for a specific distribution that you have selected in the dropdown menu. Right now, targeting specific distributions will only return results if there is an official release for that distribution. The package page does not have that limit.

We had a discussion about software.opensuse.org two days ago at the openSUSE Conference that was partly about the search function and how it could be improved. This is something we want to change, but I don't know how long it will take.

In the meantime, you can use "ALL Distributions" as a workaround, that will also give you results for packages that have no official releases.

Werner

Best,
Alex