Re: [opensuse-buildservice] special cases for the maintenance workflow
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 16:06:02 +0200
On Dienstag, 14. Mai 2019, 13:57:26 CEST Morschhäuser, Mark wrote:
Hi,

I understand the basic maintenance workflow but I have two special cases I
need to know how they are handled. Assume I have a <project>, a
<project:update> and a <maintenance> project all properly configured and
working.

Now the special cases:

1. How to add a completely new component to the distribution?
I think I have to use the <maintenance> project and create a new maintenance
incident where I add the new packages to the created <maintenance:id>
project. And I think I have to configure the <project:update> as repository
for the <maintenance:id> project like osc branch -M would create in my
home. Right?

you can either do that via maintenance request directly or branch using
-N switch:

osc branch -N openSUSE:Leap:15.1:Update NotYetExistingPackage

2. How do I update an already existing component _at the same time_?
osc branch -M <project:update> <package> <maintenance:id-project> adds it as
package.<project:update> as it normally would. Is that right in this case
or should I just branch it normally but into the <maintenance:id-project>?

just collect all changed packages in one project and submit the entire
project. Or specify the packages manually:

osc mr SOURCE_PROJECT PAKCAGE_1 PACKAGE_2 .... RELEASEPROJECT

see osc mr --help

I think in this very special case where 1 and 2 are combined I could also
branch -M the already existing component and just add the new packages
there at the same time, then create the maintenance request and release
request afterwards.

Best regards,

Mark

[TestingExpo_Footer]<http://www.testing-expo.com/europe/en/>

Besuchen Sie DSA auf der Automotive Testing Expo 2019 in Stuttgart - wir
freuen uns auf Sie! Stand 8448, 21. - 23. Mai 2019

Für Terminvereinbarungen und kostenlose Besucherausweise wenden Sie sich
gerne an uns. E-Mail: sales@xxxxxx

Visit DSA at Automotive Testing Expo 2019 in Stuttgart - we look forward to
welcoming you! Booth 8448, May 21 to 23, 2019

For appointments and free visitor badges please get in touch with us.
Email: sales@xxxxxx