[opensuse-buildservice] special cases for the maintenance workflow
  • From: Morschhäuser, Mark <Mark.Morschhaeuser@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 11:57:26 +0000
Hi,

I understand the basic maintenance workflow but I have two special cases I need
to know how they are handled.
Assume I have a <project>, a <project:update> and a <maintenance> project all
properly configured and working.

Now the special cases:

1. How to add a completely new component to the distribution?
I think I have to use the <maintenance> project and create a new maintenance
incident where I add the new packages to the created <maintenance:id> project.
And I think I have to configure the <project:update> as repository for the
<maintenance:id> project like osc branch -M would create in my home. Right?

2. How do I update an already existing component _at the same time_?
osc branch -M <project:update> <package> <maintenance:id-project> adds it as
package.<project:update> as it normally would. Is that right in this case or
should I just branch it normally but into the <maintenance:id-project>?

I think in this very special case where 1 and 2 are combined I could also
branch -M the already existing component and just add the new packages there at
the same time, then create the maintenance request and release request
afterwards.

Best regards,

Mark

[TestingExpo_Footer]<http://www.testing-expo.com/europe/en/>

Besuchen Sie DSA auf der Automotive Testing Expo 2019 in Stuttgart - wir freuen
uns auf Sie!
Stand 8448, 21. - 23. Mai 2019

Für Terminvereinbarungen und kostenlose Besucherausweise wenden Sie sich gerne
an uns.
E-Mail: sales@xxxxxx

Visit DSA at Automotive Testing Expo 2019 in Stuttgart - we look forward to
welcoming you!
Booth 8448, May 21 to 23, 2019

For appointments and free visitor badges please get in touch with us.
Email: sales@xxxxxx