Re: [opensuse-buildservice] API query to return all _real_ source packages
  • From: Jimmy Berry <jberry@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 09:51:38 -0500
On Friday, May 10, 2019 2:17:15 AM CDT Adrian Schröter wrote:

In first place I would say these are all packages which actually got build,
no? So the ones below /build/$project. Because beside the listing of source
package containers also the project configuration (_meta and _config) has an
influence what get built and what not.

Yes, it becomes a bit more difficult for maintenance_release projects since
these projects are not supposed to get built, yes getting releases.

Could you explain a bit more what you plan to do with the information
of "real packages" ? We could do that also in a chat later today ....

My first e-mail explains exactly what information is desired. Trying to filter
the list to remove "packages" that are implementation details and not the
thing actually being maintained. Such a distriction is useful for filtering
lists presented in interface we use as well as not wasted queries on
"packages" that are no relevant to tools since they cannot be maintained.

There is no need to define this in some abstract sense on which we agree. Want
a mechanism to filter maintenance update packages, multibuild sub packages and
multi-spec sub packages. Either all the information needs to be in a listing
API or the filtering done server side.

As a side note, you can in-fact submit an update to Mesa-drivers. It will not
have the result you want, but it is not prevented. We have had packages be
submitted backwards, especally a few confusingly named python ones.

In a summary interface one does not want nor desire to see that dozen
maintenance update packages for every package bloating the list. One wants to
see Mesa, not Mesa, Mesa.123, Mesa.124, Mesa.125, ... Regardless of
implementation OBS side there should be a way to differentiate in a listing
API call.

--
Jimmy