Re: [opensuse-buildservice] python3 macros broken on CentOS_7
On 09/05/2019 03.14, Julio González Gil wrote:
Seems to me you are maybe affected by:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/epel-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/VLTFSZEQHXBZHHDAKMT4KCQEKPSFV5OS/

Thanks! That was it. And in March they announced the final switch to 3.6:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/epel-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/EGUMKAIMPK2UD5VSHXM53BH2MBDGDWMO/

I thought that the macros are wrong, and did not think of the
possibility that EPEL would actually change it's python version.

After a small timeframe (not determined how long yet), the macros will
change and python36
will be the main python3 in EPEL.
As at the prjconfig you are forcing python34, that could explain it:
Yeah, it is not so easy to get the specfiles compatible with openSUSE,
Fedora and CentOS as CentOS uses a different naming scheme for packages
and binaries.
If so, I am not 100% sure, but maybe if you define %python3_pkgversion at
the prjconfig to be 34, your problem will be fixed:

I now did it the other way round and switched the macros to Python 3.6,
but now RHEL_7 has a problem :/

Sebastian

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts:Python3EPEL#Example_Spec