[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-kernel] Compiling Kernel:Stable kernel-default on OBS -- "version mismatch" with just-built kernel-source ?
On 4/22/19 9:40 PM, Jiri Slaby wrote:
On 23. 04. 19, 0:43, PGNet Dev wrote:
Bingo.  Hadn't thought to re-check the manual edits; I mistakenly
assumed they'd merge.

Updating the series.conf seems to do the trick.

Put your own series.conf into patches.addon.tar.bz2. They will merge then.

That'd certainly be simpler/cleaner.

I removed the 'full', edited series.conf (which was working) and instead added 'my' series.conf

patches.addon/
patches.addon/xen-pvh-uefi.patch
patches.addon/series.conf

where

cat patches.addon/series.conf
patches.addon/xen-pvh-uefi.patch

tar'd it up as,

patches.addon.tar.bz2

and UL'd it; e.g.,

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:pgnd:Kernel:stable:xen-uefi-fix/kernel-source?expand=0

The build does NOT seem to pick up / apply the patch ; at least there's no current trace of the "xen-pvh-uefi.patch" in the logfile,

https://build.opensuse.org/build/home:pgnd:Kernel:stable:xen-uefi-fix/openSUSE_Leap_15.0/x86_64/kernel-source/_log