[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-kernel] Compiling Kernel:Stable kernel-default on OBS -- "version mismatch" with just-built kernel-source ?
On 4/22/19 3:09 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
On Apr 22 2019, PGNet Dev <pgnet.dev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's been generally well behaved. Intermittently -- like, now -- I get a
'failed' build, only of the dependent kernel-default pkg,

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:pgnd:Kernel:stable

; its parent kernel-source build fine.

But, intermittently -- like, now -- I get a 'failed' build, only of the
dependent kernel-default pkg; its parent kernel-source builds OK.

Your kernel-source package contains a local series.conf file, shadowing
the same file from the linked package. Thus whenever Kernel:stable
updates to a new version, your local series.conf file will be out of
date, missing the patches that brings the kernel sources up to the
current version.

Bingo. Hadn't thought to re-check the manual edits; I mistakenly assumed they'd merge.

Updating the series.conf seems to do the trick.

Thx!

If you convert the source link to a branch, your local
changes would be merged automatically.

Yep. I'll likely create a local branch of an unmodified local project.