[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-kernel] Compiling Kernel:Stable kernel-default on OBS -- "version mismatch" with just-built kernel-source ?
On Apr 22 2019, PGNet Dev <pgnet.dev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's been generally well behaved. Intermittently -- like, now -- I get a
'failed' build, only of the dependent kernel-default pkg,

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:pgnd:Kernel:stable

; its parent kernel-source build fine.

But, intermittently -- like, now -- I get a 'failed' build, only of the
dependent kernel-default pkg; its parent kernel-source builds OK.

Your kernel-source package contains a local series.conf file, shadowing
the same file from the linked package. Thus whenever Kernel:stable
updates to a new version, your local series.conf file will be out of
date, missing the patches that brings the kernel sources up to the
current version. If you convert the source link to a branch, your local
changes would be merged automatically.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, schwab@xxxxxxx
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7