[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Linked spec files not updating after file is patched?
On 21/04/2019 14:03, Andreas Schwab wrote:
On Apr 21 2019, IBBoard <ibboard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Odd. I didn't knowingly add copies of the files to my project.

Yes, you did, by creating a branch. If you had started with a plain
link, you wouldn't be in that situation.

Andreas.

Ah, okay. I think I'm starting to understand the details.

I've just been using OBS online (rather than command-line) because I'm only adding little patches to tweak and fix little things. As there's a "branch" function that has a tickbox to say "stay on current revision" then the implication is that not doing ticking that does a "soft" branch that tracks the changes in the upstream package.

Obviously I've misunderstood how it works all this time.

I've stripped all of my packages back and hopefully it'll all work as I expect now.

Thanks.