[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Linked spec files not updating after file is patched?
On 19/04/2019 20:22, Andreas Schwab wrote:
On Apr 19 2019, IBBoard <ibboard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there a way to fix this so that my packages modify the .spec to add
patches but also track the upstream changes?

Remove the local files that override the files in the linked package.
By removing <branch/> you converted the branch back into a link, and
local files are no longer merged.

Andreas.

Ah, so patching the spec file creates a local spec file, which then
won't get merged? I'd assumed that things like <topadd> would be
idempotent mutation commands that it could keep re-running as things
changed.

Is there no way around that? Surely my use case isn't that odd! I think
I'm using <topadd> because spec files have started using "%autosetup"
and that duplicates the behaviour of the "%patch#" lines that
conventional <add> tags in the _link file added (so patching ends up
failing because it tries re-applying an already applied patch).