[opensuse-buildservice] Linked spec files not updating after file is patched?
Hi,

I'm having some problems with custom builds that require spec file changes. While the changes themselves work, it seems to cause OBS to stop tracking the upstream changes. I don't know whether this is a bug, expected behaviour, or something that I've done wrong.

I've branched Gnome Books from GNOME:Factory [1]. I'm fairly sure I didn't tick the "stay on this revision" box. I've added some diffs for custom patches and put a "<topadd>" tag in my _link [2] to add the patches without having to make an actual .diff file for the .spec.

Gnome 3.32 has been released* and the upstream spec file is showing v3.32 [3]. Meanwhile, my spec file is still showing 3.30.1 [4]. However, I *do* see the 3.32 tarball in my (merged) sources, as well as the old 3.30 one [5].

Is there a way to fix this so that my packages modify the .spec to add patches but also track the upstream changes? I'm happy to fix breakages if the spec file changes a lot upstream (as that's basically what I'd have to do with a diff file if upstream changed a lot).

Thanks,

IBBoard

* Yes, I know this breaks my example package, because Gnome Books has been separated, but I think that's separate from the underlying spec change issue

[1] https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:IBBoard:desktop/gnome-documents
[2] https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:IBBoard:desktop/gnome-documents/_link?expand=0
[3] https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/GNOME:Factory/gnome-documents/gnome-documents.spec?expand=1
[4] https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:IBBoard:desktop/gnome-documents/gnome-documents.spec?expand=0