[opensuse-buildservice] Changing the OBS server's FQDN
  • From: Morschhäuser, Mark <Mark.Morschhaeuser@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 13:00:27 +0000
Hi,

I found out that our OBS internally uses a wrong domain name:
I saw the name as an alias in /etc/hosts, removed it and then the web UI did
not show any build results anymore.
After changing it back in /etc/hosts, it worked again.
I guess some service uses the wrong name and maybe also the database from OBS
contains the name somehow.
I saw that some perl files in /usr/lib/obs/server use Net::Domain::hostfqdn();
from perl to resolve the hostname and it looks into /etc/resolv.conf and takes
the first domain from the search(!) entry which is a bug I think. This is
probably how the wrong domain name was introduced in the first place.

Now... how can I change the currently used FQDN to the right one for all
services and everything?

Also: I actually wanted to find out how to change the URL for the package
download from the Binaries page ("Detailed Information About foo.rpm" links to
http://localhost/build/<Project>/<arch>/foo/foo.rpm and the localhost must be
configurable somewhere - or it is resolved again and defaults to localhost
because the resolve does not work properly).

Regards,

Mark