Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Combine obs_scm service with extract_file service -> unresolvable build state
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 14:14:00 +0100
On Dienstag, 19. Februar 2019, 13:41:24 CET Morschhäuser, Mark wrote:
Hi,

I want to use obs_scm with the extract_file service because my spec files
are checked in with my sources. I used tar_scm so far and it works
perfectly.

So now I created a new package and added a git source to it: osc add
git://url/foo.git which creates a minimal _service file. The webinterface
shows me the obscpio file and obsinfo from the service but also the state
is shown as "excluded" because I have no directly available spec file yet.
Then I add an entry like
<service name="extract_file">
<param name="archive">*.obscpio</param>
<param name="files">*/*.spec</param>
</service>
This creates a _service:extract_file:foo.spec from the sources but then OBS
is showing me an "unresolvable" build state: "nothing provides
obs-service-tar, nothing provides obs-service-recompress, nothing provides
obs-service-set_version"

If I change the _service file back to tar_scm and remove mode="buildtime"
from everywhere, then it starts building immediately.

How can I do this properly?

one option would be to build the extract_file service also in your repo.

However, tar_scm and obs_scm service support extracting files directly without
the extra need of that service. Just use the extract parameter of them.

For details look at the service parameter documentation in

/usr/lib/obs//service/obs_scm.service