Re: [opensuse-buildservice] creating a "backup" of a project with "osc release" possible?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2019 09:47:57 +0100
On Mittwoch, 26. Dezember 2018, 18:14:35 CET Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Hi all,

First, what do I want to achieve?

The VDR project (https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/vdr) will get a
version update to version 2.4 in the near future (hopefully ;-)
In the past (when updating from 1.6.x to 2.0...) I created a vdr:legacy
project where I just copied all sources before updating.

I'd like to do something similar now, this time "vdr:2.2", but I'd
rather not copy the sources over and build everything again. Instead I
was wondering if nifty tricks with "osc release" could be used to
achieve what I want.

My idea was to temporarily set a release target for vdr (and
vdr:plugins) to vdr:2.2, release everything and then remove the release
target again.

Will this work as I intend it to? Or will the binaries vanish once I
remove the release target from the vdr repo? (I doubt it, but who knows ;-)

no, will work.